What do we do with your data?
For the purposes of the GDPR ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
Cultúrlann Sweeney, operated by Clare County Council, is committed to protecting the privacy of users of this website. We are aware that as a user of this website you care about the security and privacy of your information. Any personal information that you volunteer to Cultúrlann Sweeney will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 1988, as amended by the Data Protection (Amendment) Act, 2003 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the General Data Protection
Please note that Cultúrlann Sweeney uses a ticket sales system called Databox and this portal is also utilised by glór. When a ticket is booked through glór in person or on the phone, or booked through our website, the customer data that is collected is stored on Databox, and is accessible to Cultúrlann Sweeney and glór. Both venues are in agreement to adhere by the Data
Protection and GDPR legislation in managing this data responsibly and will adhere to each other’s privacy and data protection policies.
1. When you visit our website you can do so without submitting any personal data. However, if you wish to receive our e-communications or book online for tickets you will be asked to submit your name, address, phone number, email address or credit card details when applicable. This information is used to process your order and to provide you with the service you may have requested.
2. If you have provided credit card details when booking in person or over the phone, these will only be used for the purpose of handling an individual booking or order and are not retained in electronic form. A physical receipt is issued to the merchant (Cultúrlann Sweeney) at the time of the transaction, which shows only the last 4 digits of the card used. This receipt is to allow for the merchant to tally their records. These are tallied in a timely fashion and the merchant receipt is held securely for 18 months to satisfy the internal audit requirements of Clare County Council and AIB Merchants Service.
3. Your decision to have further communications from us is recorded on your record and adhered to. You can change your preference for communication with Cultúrlann Sweeney at any point which will be recorded immediately. You will be given the opportunity to opt-out of any marketing campaigns.
4. Your record on our database system holds the contact details you submitted to us, transactions you’ve made, a record of communications we would have sent to you, and whether or not you
have given us permission to contact you and if so, what your preferred method of contact is. If you would prefer to have your booking history removed from our database, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will immediately do so.
5. No information provided will be divulged to any other third party save pursuant to clause 7 hereof, unless we receive your prior authorisation and/or we are required to do so by law.
6. We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you
give us. Agents or contractors of Cultúrlann Sweeney who have access to information you give us in the course of providing services to us are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for us.
7. This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. We use the information gleaned from Google Analytics to identify and inform improvements to our site and services. We track information on
– the volume of people accessing our site from mobile devices
– the number of first time and repeat visits
– traffic volumes to the website
– pages visited
– length of time spent on the website
– words used when searching for our site
– what browsers & operating systems are being used by those accessing our site
Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the
8. While Cultúrlann Sweeney takes every reasonable practicable measure to protect your information, you accept that any information or message you send to the site may be intercepted or read by others. You hereby acknowledge and accept that we have no responsibility and shall accept no liability whatsoever for loss, injury or damage occasioned by the interception by third parties of your transmissions, or the disclosure of information, nor do we offer any guarantees, warranties or indemnities as to the security or otherwise of any information which you give us.
9. The website contains links to other sites not controlled or operated by Cultúrlann Sweeney. Cultúrlann Sweeney is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites that it does not control or operate.
11. You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
12. If you have given us information about yourself and would like copies of that information, or you would like us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information, or if you would like that information deleted from our records, then please contact us at email@example.com We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete information about you on our files.
Dated May 24th, 2018